First, you need to make sure you have the latest WordPress installation, by checking the update panel within your current WordPress installation. If you don’t have the most recent version of WordPress, you can download it from the WordPress repository. While Theme will also work with older versions of WordPress, it is recommended that you install this theme with the latest version of WordPress.
Next, download the theme ZIP file, and save it somewhere handy on your computer, as you will be using the included files for the rest of the installation process. Unzip the downloaded ZIP file onto your computer, but don’t upload the unzipped folder to your WordPress installation just yet.
Our ThemeCountry Themes is includes a variety of files, including the necessary theme files, as well as some other useful files. We will cover what files are included with a description below:
Step 1: Upload and Activation
To install the WordPress Theme theme in your WordPress blog, you have two options. You may either upload the theme ZIP file using the WordPress theme installer (Recommended), or you can upload the unzipped theme folder via FTP (Advanced).
Method 1: Install Using the WordPress Theme Installer
- Log into your WordPress site and open the admin dashboard.
- Navigate to the “Appearance” tab.
- Choose the “Themes” tab.
- Click “Add New“
- Click “Browse…” (Select )
- Click “Install Now“
- Select “tc_themefile.zip” from within the extracted folder on your computer, and click upload.
- Wait for it to complete, click “Activate” once the upload has finished, and you’re ready for the next steps. See below screenshot:
Method 2: Upload and Install Using File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Extract the “tc_themefile.zip” file into a folder within the extracted folder on your computer.
- Either using your FTP client or via your site’s FTP panel, upload the extracted folder ‘theme’ to your /wp-content/themes/directory.
- Wait for the upload to complete.
- Now, we’re ready to activate Theme. Back in your WordPress admin panel (yoursite.com/wp-admin/), navigate to Appearance → Themes → Manage Themes. Next, under ‘Available Themes’, click “Activate” for Theme.
Step 2: Upload Demo Data
If you want to Import the Demo Site’s Content please follow the following step.
1. Go to WordPress admin panal
2. Tools => Import => WordPress
3. Install WordPress Importer plug in
4. Upload demo_data.xml file
5. Click on (Upload file and import) button => Assign Authors => Submit