Throwing knives are part of people’s culture, and it existed so long even in the prehistoric time that people use them in hunting. Nowadays, instead of being a weapon, knife throwing is considered an act of art and sports. There is a wide range of variety of throwing knives ranging from leisure to the professional one. Here in this article, you will find reviews of the most outstanding throwing knives and bestsellers in 2020.
- List of The Best throwing knives in 2020:
- 10. Avias Supply 9 Inch 6 Piece Stainless Steel Throwing Knives
- 9. Perfect Point PAK-712-12 Throwing Knife Set
- 8. Aeroblades Throwing Knife Set
- 7. Smith and Wesson SWTK8CP Throwing Knives
- 6. Perfect Point TK-114-3 Throwing Knife
- 5. Perfect Point PP-028-3BK Throwing Knife Set
- 4. Perfect Point TK-017-3 Series Throwing Knife Set
- 3. SOG Throwing Knives F041TN – Set of 3
- 2. Perfect Point RC-595-3 Thunder Bolt Throwing Knife Set
- 1. Perfect Point RC-179 Series Throwing Knife Set
List of The Best throwing knives in 2020:
10. Avias Supply 9 Inch 6 Piece Stainless Steel Throwing Knives
Starting off with the first review, we have the Avias throwing knives which is at the top 10th. The package comes with 6 knife set, each of which is a stainless steel piece which is known to be among the top quality material for throwing knives. The shape and size are just perfectly fine for your throwing experience. Each blade is design to fit any of your throwing style. From a professionalism perspective, these blades are recommended for enthusiastic beginners.
- Weight at 3 ounce per blade
- Great loop design that allow you to attach it to a belt or bag
- It comes with Nylon case secured by Velcro closure
- It might feel a little bit blunt that you may need to sharpen it a little bit
9. Perfect Point PAK-712-12 Throwing Knife Set
Coming up next, we have the set of throwing knives from Perfect Point. If you wish to begin with a leisure of knife throwing, you may look for this one. It comes in a package of 12 stainless steel blades enclosed inside a beautiful nylon sheath. You may easily carry it around or attach it to your belt. One interesting fact about this is that it comes in black and silver color. Imagine you are with your friend competing on one particular practice target, you can quickly distinguish the difference.
- Balanced throwing
- Good weight and fit nicely to your palm
- Very cost effective
- 8½ inch measure
- The tips are a little bit fragile, so pick your target carefully.
8. Aeroblades Throwing Knife Set
On the 8th position in the market this year, we have the well-known products from Aeroblades. These blades also has its nick name as the Black Widow, known to be very sharp and precise. The speed is also a plus to this. The tip and handle goes together and creates a perfect balance which enhance the throwing experience. Intermediate thrower never felt down about this.
- Balanced throwing
- Easy handle
- Awesome design
- 5 inches in length
- Perfect accuracy
- The tips tend to slightly bend after a few throw
7. Smith and Wesson SWTK8CP Throwing Knives
Let’s take a look at these awesome throwing knives from Smith & Wesson. I would say you get what you pay for after experiencing this product. The balance, the speed, the accuracy and the joy it gives are priceless compare to the cost. Imagine how you can quickly draw a blade from around your belt and fly it through thin air and hit the target at a barely noticeable speed. You can do it with these throwing knives.
- Very hard steel materials
- It does not bend
- Very good for a jumpstart beginner
- Enhanced speed and accuracy
- Sheath included
- 6 blades in one set
A bit of down side
- A few users reported a breakdown of a blade, but that matters more on how you take care of it.
6. Perfect Point TK-114-3 Throwing Knife
From the look of these blades, you may start to notice that it has a bigger tips compared to the other throwing knives. The best part of it is that you get to have full control over the spin, speed, and the accuracy. The heavy ends of the knife also make it super easy for you to throw. Amateur will say knife throwing isn’t a hard job.
- 9 inches in overall size
- 3 pieces in one set
- Handy Nylon sheath included
- Balanced and easy throwing
- You may feel it is a bit blunt, but it cuts through target just fine
5. Perfect Point PP-028-3BK Throwing Knife Set
We are already half way through the review, and you are looking at the Kunai-like throwing knives from Perfect Point. If you are a ninja style thrower, you are just the perfect owner of these blades. It is famous for its design and how it enhances grips to your hand with the cord-wrap around the handle. These knives are perfect for both long and close range throwing.
- Very durable
- Balanced throwing
- Tough tips
- Affordable price
- It may take a bit of practice to learn to throw this knife
4. Perfect Point TK-017-3 Series Throwing Knife Set
If you are looking for some leisure knife throwing activities with small and light blades, this is the perfect choice. The TK-017-3 series come with a three-blade set in a nice nylon sheath. The overall length measures at 7-½ which is not actually too small for a throwing blade. The sharp edges cut through plywood just fine. The handle and the 3mm-thick blade create just a sufficient balance for a flawless experience. Most important of all, this is probably the cost effective blade of all.
- Balanced throwing experience
- Excellent handle design that sticks very well in the hands
- Great for beginners
- The tips may bend after some period of time, so pick your target wisely.
3. SOG Throwing Knives F041TN – Set of 3
Look at this hardcore set of throwing knives! The most interesting part of these blade is the dual function. You can either use it for throwing or a normal knife, each of the functions are just perfect on its own. To make this possible there has been a great deal of efforts put into the design. Let the knife sail from your hands through the air and you will tell how it goes in a well balance mode which you can feel all the control over the spin and accuracy.
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Ballistic nylon case included
- Anti-scratch protection
- The nylon cover over the handle may wear off. If you use it solely for throwing, that’s considered a plus since it enhance the balance to another new level.
2. Perfect Point RC-595-3 Thunder Bolt Throwing Knife Set
We are already at the end of the review. The top two item of this year goes to the Perfect Point RC series. These blades are very popular among enthusiastic beginners since the design makes it very easy for someone who wishes to learn knife throwing. The light and tiny blade also create a good choice in short-range throwing. Marked as Thunder Bolt, these knives excel at speed which also means you won’t have to worry about spin control every time you throw it out.
- 5-½ inches long
- 3 blades in the set
- Nylon sheath included
- Well balanced
- Very affordable
- It can be quite small and might easily get lost if used outdoor
1. Perfect Point RC-179 Series Throwing Knife Set
Most popular and bestseller of this year is the RC-179 Series from Perfect Point. These are standard-size knife with a decent design for both normal usage and throwing function. The handle and the blade create a flawless balance at both short and long range. The package comes with three blades and a good looking nylon sheath to hold them together. Attach it to your hand or belt and you can draw your knives quickly.
- Dual function knives
- It balance and spin very well
- Recommended for beginners
- Very affordable price
- The black coating may wear off quite fast
Finally, you have reached the end of the review of the best throwing knives in 2020. Indeed, there are a lot more knives available in the market, but we assure these are the most decent ones. Each kind has been chosen and studied carefully from the superior traits to inform the review.