Fiber optic cables have made it easier and convenient to connect devices. Also referred to as SPDIF or Toslink the optic cables make it easy to transfer digital sound/ audio signal. Typically, optic cables transmit audio signals from audio components like satellite boxes, CD/DVD Players, and Blue-Ray to preamps or AV receivers. It can be challenging to look for quality optical audio cables which can improve your surround sound system.
You can find many types of cables which can be used for an audio interface but nothing comes close to the outstanding audio signal transmission that optical audio cables have to offer. However, not all audio cables have the same technology and can produce the same audio output. We have summarized the top 10 best optical audio cables you can buy this year.
To start off our list is the male to male Toslink cable from FIRBELY, a leading brand that produces innovative connectivity for users of mobile, digital and computers. FIRBELY Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable can be used to connect audio components like CD, DVD, sound bar, DAT, MiniDisc among other digital audio components to produce crystal clear sound.
In addition, the high-quality fiber core ensures the cleanest possible signal is transmitted at high efficiency so that you have the best listening experience. This optic cable has a flexible and durable nylon mesh jacket that is used with PVC double layer protect which ensures the process is reliable and secure.
- 24K gold plated connector which prevents corrosion and provides more protection to the fiber tip
- Long service life
- PMMA Fiber Core
This audio optical splitter cable can connect to digital TV/ STB, DVD/ CD player, power amplifier, computer, PS2 and PS3. As the name suggests, the SiYear Toslink Fiber Audio Optical Splitter Cable is used to split the digital audio source into two receiving devices like television and A/V receiver. When the signal is split into two, you can connect it into your DVD player and CD player to your receiver and recorder
- Optical audio splitter converter
- 24k gold connectors
- Supports 1 input to 2 outputs at the same time
Cmple Toslink Cable is made from high-quality fiber core which helps to eliminate EM, RF, and ground loop interference. It is used to connect an audio component such as a sound bar to a preamplifier, digital to analog converter, audio processor, receiver, PS4, Xbox and TV. This cable comes with an ultra-slim cable which is easy to install. This cable utilizes PVC material which is tear resistant and flexible promoting convenient placement and routing.
- 24K corrosion resistant, gold plated connectors
- Lightweight and ultra thin
- Compatible with ADAT’s, DTS, Dolby Digital, and S/PDIF
- Male to male Toslink connectors
- Lifetime warranty
TNP Digital Optical Audio Cable is compatible with a variety of A/V components that have Toslink interface that delivers quality audio connectivity. This is a versatile high-performance audio cable that produces clean signals at extremely low volumes. The heavy shielding enhances the audio quality, reduces signal loss and distortion, and minimizes return loss and sound effects.
TNP Digital Optical Audio Cable can be used with Samsung, Sony, and LG TV, DVD Bluray player, Apple TV box, CD player, AV receiver, and computer sound card. It is gold plated, molded connector that ensures a high-quality connection between devices that have been connected.
6. UNBREAKcable Digital Optical Audio Cable
UNBREAKcable Digital Optical Audio Cable offers outstanding flexibility and durability as it is built with lightweight Rolyester fiber and Nylon braided jacket that expands the lifespan of this cable. This optical cable guarantees distinctive sound quality thanks to the 24K gold plated connectors which guarantee great audio signal transmission. Moreover, it offers universal compatibility which is perfect for high definition and standard devices such as Xbox, DVD, PS4, DAC, and TV.
- 36-month warranty
- Exceptional customer service that responds within one day
- User-friendly designs with dustproof rubber caps
- Extraordinary sound quality
5. CableCreation Digital Optical Audio Optical Cable
CableCreation Toslink cable consists of a durable PVC outer layer which is durable and flexible. It is compatible with high definition and standard devices with Toslink ports such as Sound Bar, Xbox, Home Theatre, PS4, Blu-ray player, and DVD/CD player. The 24K gold plated connectors are made to resist corrosion and offer optimal and smooth flowing signal.
- 24K gold plated which resists corrosion and offers maximum protection for the fiber tip
- Comes with a lifetime warranty from CableCreation
- Durable PVC molded outer layer
- Friendly design with high fidelity signal transfer
It is easy to connect devices with this optical audio cable digital Toslink cable by EMK. The EMK fiber optic audio cable allows it to connect to various home theatres and soundbars so that you get enhanced sound clarity like Blu-Ray players, TVs, X-box, and PS4. Thanks to the 24K gold plated fiber tip, the cable can reduce tarnish and resist corrosion. This optical audio cable offers incredible durability because of the high-quality nylon jacket which protects the optical cable from kinks.
- 24K gold plated connectors which is corrosion resistant
- 18-month warranty and service
- Nylon braided jacket that protects sensitive optical fiber lines
- Made of aluminum alloy shell which prevents the signal from being disturbed
The Cable Matters Toslink Cable features a 360-degree grip tread that allows easy plugging and unplugging. This helps it to eliminate radio frequency interference and electromagnetic interference. It is perfect for connecting to Blu-ray players, DAT recorders, satellite DVRs, game consoles and computers. Also, Cable Matters Toslink Cable supports compressed 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound as well as uncompressed PCM audio.
- Digital optical cable ports that is compatible with S/ PDIF optical ports
- Optical Fiber Red LED
- Protective tethered caps
- Home Theater Companion Cable
The BlueRigger Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable makes it easier to install audio components to your home theatre or audio components. This audio Toslink cable which measures 15 feet is compatible with S/PDIF, Dolby Digital, DTS, and ADAT. Additionally, the precision polished optical connectors allow for maximum signal transfer accuracy. It is constructed with corrosion resistant gold plated resistant as well as durable PVC outer layer.
- Flexible and lightweight Toslink cable which consists of a durable PVC outer layer
- It is a gold plated connector which resists corrosions
- It is compatible with interfaces like Dolby Digital, ADAT, S/PDIF, and DTS
- Limited Lifetime warranty
1. KabelDirekt Optical Digital Audio Cable
Topping the list of best optical audio cables is the KabelDirekt Optical Digital Audio Cable. The optical digital audio cable is perfect for connecting to DVD’s Blu-rays, satellites, home-theatres, Xbox and Play Station. 24K gold plated connectors are corrosion resistant and receive no EMI or RFI signal interference. This home theatre Toslink fiber optic cable is a digital audio cable that works with multi-channel surround sound, including DTS-HD High Resolution, Dolby Digital Plus, and LPCM.
- 18 months warranty
- High-quality materials that are corrosion resistant
- 24K gold plated connectors
- Male to male optical digital cable
How to choose fiber optic cables
Fiber optic cables are used in the transmission of audio signals because they are small, lightweight and can be used for long distance transmission. The following tips can help you know how to choose fiber optic cables.
Choose between the different types of fiber optic cables namely aerial cable, duct optical cable, direct buried cable, metal free cable, and submarine cable. Next thing you should do is check the materials of the cables i.e.
optical fiber ointment, fiber core, PBT, and sheath material. The fiber core has higher information carrying capacity, lower bit error rate, and higher noise signal ratio. The optical fiber ointment relieves surge and fiber vibration.
While sheath material dictates the cable’s bending properties, tensile strength, temperature characteristics, and anti-fatigue properties. Lastly, make sure you chose the optical audio cores based on the number of cores.
An optical audio cable is used to transfer the audio signal from a DVD player to a television. However, the reason people are turning to optical cables is that they offer many benefits compared to other cables. The first reason is that the cables are vulnerable to distortion or interference. Second, optic cables support digital sound which helps to produce the best audio quality.
Third, optical audio cables work fine with Dolby Digital and DTS signals because they have a high bit rate. Four, these cables are compatible with many devices such as DVD player, Home Theatre, Television, Blu-ray player, amplifier, home cinema and more. Hope the above review will help you choose the best optical audio cable that makes it easy to connect devices.
- 10. FIRBELY Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable
- 9. SiYear Toslink Fiber Audio Optical Splitter Cable
- 8. Cmple Toslink Cable – Digital Optical Audio Cable
- 7. TNP Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable
- 6. UNBREAKcable Digital Optical Audio Cable
- 5. CableCreation Digital Optical Audio Optical Cable
- 4. Optical Audio Cable Digital Toslink Cable
- 3. Cable Matters Toslink Cable
- 2. BlueRigger Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable
- 1. KabelDirekt Optical Digital Audio Cable
- How to choose fiber optic cables