Looking for quality optical audio cables to enhance your surround sound system can be bothersome. That is the reason why we present to you a list of top 10 best optical audio cables in 2017. There are several types of cable for an audio interface, but nothing beat optical audio cables with its superb fidelity of audio signal transmission. Despite all that, not every cable based on the same technology will turn out the same output. With the list of cables below, we ensure you the best surround auditory experience that is on par with theater one.
- Top 10 Best optical audio cables in 2017
- #10. CJESLNA Optical Digital Audio Cable 6 Feet
- #9. StarTech.com 15 ft. Thin Toslink Digital Optical SPDIF Audio Cable
- #8. FosPower (3 Feet) 24K Gold Plated Toslink to Mini Toslink Digital Optical S/PDIF Audio Cable with Metal Connectors & Strain-Relief PVC Jacket
- #7. Digital Audio Optical TosLink Cable Optic 3 FT
- #6. FosPower (3 Feet) 24K Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable (S/PDIF) – Metal Connectors & Braided Nylon Jacket
- #5. KabelDirekt Optical Digital Audio Cable (10 Feet) Home Theater Fiber Optic Toslink Male to Male Gold Plated Optical Cables
- #4. Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with Metal Connectors and Braided Jacket 10 Feet
- #3. BlueRigger Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable (6 feet)
- #2. Mediabridge Toslink Cable (15 Feet) – Optical Digital Audio Cable
- #1. AmazonBasics Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable – 6 Feet (1.8 Meters)
Top 10 Best optical audio cables in 2017
#10. CJESLNA Optical Digital Audio Cable 6 Feet
We start our list with a generic optical cable, male-male Toslink cable. With this type of audio interface, the cables can provide the best audio signal at extreme volume. Moreover, the super thin fiber embedded inside and metal connector on both ends would provide you the best listening experience you ever have.
- 6 feet Toslink Male to Male optical cable
- No interference to audio signal going through the cable
- Golden plated connector to prevent corrosion and maximum protection to fiber tip
- More affordable
- The core fiber can be damaged if the cable is highly twisted
The ninth cable on this list is super thin and twice in length than the previous one. Therefore, it an ideal cable for limited space setup and it makes cable management much easier. The optical fiber core will deliver rich and detailed audio signal. Just as the last one, the cable is the male-male type with gold plated header on each side.
- Toslink (SPDIF) male connectors
- Long and thin cable for better cable management setup
- Reliable and interference-free signal delivery
- Since it is a thin wire, the cable is prone to snagging
This cable differs from any cables above as this one convert the interface from Toslink SPDIF to Mini Toslink. However, that does not mean it can convert from digital to analog signal and do not expect it will work with regular headphone jack even though it fit. On the other hand, it is a perfect cable built-in optical port found on iMacs, TV, and Notebook. With its precisely made fiber, you can expect high-quality audio experience is coming out this cable.
- Compatible with any 3.5 optical audio ports
- 24K gold-plated header for maximum resistance to corrosion
- Lifetime warranty for the cable
- Protective PVC jacket and longer lifetime
- The cable is not QC rated, and the headers don’t slide in smoothly
#7. Digital Audio Optical TosLink Cable Optic 3 FT
Sometimes you need a shorter cable since the TV is just on the sound system. This thin and short (3 feet) optic cable might be what you are looking for. Also, you get each end of the cable Toslink golden-plated connector. Both cable and header carefully made will deliver highest audio quality on the optic fiber.
- Thin and short cable for close-range setup
- Precisely craft fiber and SPDIF connector
- High quality digital audio signal transmission
- The cable is too thin for constantly unplugging by full force
This cable has its unique characteristic as it has braided nylon jacket instead of PVC. Therefore, it provides better flexibility and robustness. The embedded fiber is a premium one with on interference to audio transmission. Moreover, the cable can support higher frequency and uncompressed surround sound audio, which is a current tech on TV and Blu-ray DVD player.
- Supports uncompressed audio and compressed 5.1/7.1 digital surround sound
- Premium optical fiber core protected by nylon jacket
- Higher frequency with no interference
- Lifetime warranty
- Thicker cable which is not okay for tight-space setup
- Does not support Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
The fifth top cable is surely a perfect solution for console connectivity or home theater setup. 10 feet in length and compact design, the cable can make cable management behind your multimedia setup less messy. On top of that, it stands on a professional standard for all surround sound protocol even the exclusive one like Dolby. The core coated with quality PVC will provide the best game streaming experience.
- Full range of surround sound audio interfaces and protocols
- Flexible PVC jacket and golden plated connector
- 18 months warranty for customer satisfaction
- Need some force to plug it into the port
Just like the one on the sixth spot, this one has a braided jacket that looks stunning and neat. The cable itself extends up to 10 feet yet no quality loss in transmission. Carefully engineered, the cable has better durability and resist nicking, cutting and kinking. In addition, it supports all the common audio protocol found on any home media device.
- Heavy duty optical cable with better durability and resistance
- Better grip on the connectors
- Lifetime warranty
- Loose connection with the port
- Thick cable which creates more tension on weight
Our third cable on the list comes in the lovely blue connector, which makes its appearance of setup much better than with generic black wire. Moreover, the well-made header provides easier connectivity. The outer PVC jacket and gold-plated connector make the cable stand on premium class. On top of that, you will not face compatibility issue during the setup as it supports any audio standard.
- S/PDIF, ADAT’s, Dolby Digital, & DTS compatible
- Quality constructed cable and connectors
- Accurate audio transmission and higher signal fidelity
- Lightweight and flexible PVC jacket
- No tip cover included which makes storage a bit harder
- Take a few second to identify which side of the header is up or down with its confusing connector’s logo design
Unlike the previous one, you got tip protector on each end in the box. The cable is a suitable answer to precious audio component and audio processor. On top of that, the cable output multi-channel high-quality audio signal. Both connectors have maximum protection, and that applies to the cable as well.
- Top of the line fiber optic cable that resist to any electromagnetic interference
- Better protection on cable, connectors and fiber tips
- Multi-channel digital audio output
- Need extra care when plug and to unplug the cable as the plastic housing on connectors can be broken if applied excessive force
Finally, we get the cable from the Amazon itself branded as AmazonBasics. The cable, designed for the high-tech audio gadget, can deliver precise multi-channel top-notch audio output. Each part of cable protected with quality material turns its durability to the next level. The length is 6 feet or 1.8 meters, and you get tips for protecting fiber core end.
- Fully compatible with any standard audio protocol
- User-friendly design and optimal sound transference
- 1-year warranty by AmazonBasics
- The connect is a bit too bit which makes it hard to plug into the port
After going through a list filled with excellent optical audio cable, we are sure that you have already found one for your multimedia setup in your living room. Cable management can be hard sometimes but not if you have good cable. If you benefit from this list, be sure to check another list on other product as well.